Saturday, December 02, 2006

Update

I was feeling slightly depressed yesterday. Of course my results are fantastic, but I have been nit picking and finding fault with my abdomen the past few days. If I stand, its flat but if I sit and slouch my lower abdomen has a little bit of fat which is visible over the top of my jeans. If I look at my before pics posted here I can see how great I look, but I expected a totally flat stomach. Maybe it will still come so I should reserve my judgement. I am posting something that I read on MMH boards here which I found quite helpful.

Lipo:

I sometimes think the early days post lipo are the easiest because you expect some type of discomfort but one does not expect the prolonged soreness.

What will happen to most is the following post lipo: day 10-14-hard,lumpy, firm areas will be found where you had lipo-some describe it as a kind of ropey feeling too in spots..especially inner thighs and belly.

2 weeks on-periods of intense itching...it is the nerves regenerating..not much helps..it makes you sorer to scratch..lotions will only give you a few minutes relief....sometimes very hot showers will help....itching can come and go over the next 4-5 months.

Stiffness, tightness in moving-occurs in inner thighs, and under arms and neck areas lipo'd...gentle stretching and massaging helps-can last 4-5 months and changes daily.

Swelling..one day good...next day a lot of swelling-this occurs up to 6 months and often up to a year...no rhyme or reason. Compression garments help a LOT with this numbness of skin can last up to 6-12 months.

Itching occurs when feeling starts to come back lipo of inner/outer thighs/flanks/hips-incredibly sensitive to sit or turn from side to side as when in a bed and also to sit on toilet-lasts about 4 months.

No comments: