Monday, November 06, 2006

A bit about me

I have always been skinny and have tried all my life to put on weight. From about 10 years ago at the age of 40 I started putting on some weight and weighed about 57-59kgs (120-130 pounds) Unfortunately even though I put on some weight, I still had the skinny lower legs and arms.

In the past 2 years I weighed just under 62kgs (136 pounds) and was happy with my weight.

From July to September this year I was quite sedentary and had a constant craving for chocolate and seeing that it was winter, stayed indoors and pigged out. In September when out with my daughter, I was quite miserable as my stomach was hanging over my jeans and it was tight and it hurt and could not wait to get back home.

I realised then that I needed to do something about my stomach, but did not really want to lose weight as now having put on some weight my bust looked better than before. (Not great, still saggy but at least a bit bigger)

I joined the gym and started working out to try and lose the stomach but not all the weight. I have a back problem so had to be careful, could not do normal crunches but worked out 3 times a week for 2hrs.

I walked on the treadmill at a brisk pace first for 20 - 40 minutes and then did weights.

I was quite shocked when weighing myself at the gym when I joined to find that I now weighed 66kgs (145 pounds)

I think its a bit too much as I am now going to turn 50 and it seems like the weight just wants to stick on my waist, abdomen and flanks.

6 weeks of gym did nothing to decrease my stomach, but I was developing firmer butt, legs and arms and was quite happy with this.

I realised now that if I lose weight I am going to most probably have my flat stomach back, but I will lose the bust I now have and go back to the ugly, floppy poor excuse I have for a bust.

I had always been interested in looking at makeover programs and finally decided that I should rather have liposuction of my abdomen instead of losing weight and still not being happy with the skinny lower legs and almost flat chest.

No comments: